SPM was founded on the idea that “life’s too short to work with jerks.” That simple (and true!) thought became our “no jerks” policy that is at the core of our culture.”No jerks” means we work with clients and brands we trust, and foster an atmosphere of mutual respect among agency leadership, team members and clients. The result is a creative, collaborative culture where we can do great work, enjoy our workdays, learn from each other and grow professionally and personally.
Want to join our team? We also offer competitive pay & benefits that include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K match, continuing education opportunities, paid time off for volunteering and Flex Fridays. Oh, and we love our dogs and we bring them to work with us!
We’re looking for awesome people for positions listed below ⬇
We are seeking an account director with a minimum of 10 years of PR experience (including at least four in an agency setting) to manage and motivate account teams and serve as a company leader.
SPM account directors provide strategy development for several clients, exhibit strong communication skills and the ability to manage and motivate account teams. We’re looking for great people with PR agency experience with a deep understanding of all facets of PR, social media, crisis communications and media relations. In addition to leading accounts, SPM’s account directors participate in the new business pitch process and active pursuit of new business opportunities is strongly encouraged. Directors report to the president and serve as mentors to all SPM team members, set high standards by example, and manage workload and employee growth plans for account teams.
The requirements to be a director at SPM Communications are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years’ PR experience, and at least four years’ agency experience required
- PR agency experience required and background in retail, restaurant or food PR preferred
- Proficiency in crisis communications
- Proficiency in media relations with established media contacts
- Deep understanding of client industries, competitors and all facets of PR
- Ability to effectively lead and direct staff in a competitive, high-energy environment and industry
- Decision making abilities on budget development and allocation, and account service procedures
- Solid social media knowledge and relevant applications for clients
To apply, please send resume and two writing samples to Loren Rutledge at [email protected].CLOSE
We are currently seeking candidates with PR experience for full-time, paid internships for our 2019 internship program.
Our interns must be motivated to learn exceptional media relations, account service and strategy skills, and also equally eager to contribute to our clients’ successes. SPM interns are “cross-trained” on a variety of accounts and industries, participate in creative brainstorming sessions and learn key skills to launch a career in public relations.
Requirements for SPM’s PR internships must:
- Be a college senior or recent graduate with a communications-related major.
- Have at least one prior PR internship.
- Be a self-motivated thinker who can work with a creative team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Have experience in social media campaign development/execution and social listening/monitoring
- Be responsive to direction and able to share ideas within a group to help move our clients’ businesses forward.
- Be well-versed in AP style and familiar with basic Microsoft Office programs. Familiarity with PR measurement and media research tools, such as Cision, is a plus.
Reports to: Senior Account Executives, Account Supervisors, Directors
Please send resume and two writing samples to Ashley Lennington at [email protected].
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
We are looking for a strategic, driven and creative senior account executive with a minimum of four years' experience.
Our SAEs have the frequent opportunity for client and agency leadership. Work includes media relations, writing, account organization and management in, PR strategy and planning, industry research and social media analysis and recommendations.
At SPM, our SAEs assist in the development and execution of client PR plans, have exposure to editorial and crisis communications training and are encouraged to bring new ideas to the agency and its clients. SAEs also have supervisory roles on account teams, overseeing assistant account/account executives and interns.
The requirements to be an SAE at SPM Communications are:
- Previous PR agency experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university.
- Minimum of four years PR experience and social media expertise.
- Past management experience, agency experience and background in retail, restaurant or food PR is preferred.
- Candidate should be well-versed in AP style and familiar with PR measurement and research tools, including Cision.
Please send resume and two writing samples to Loren Rutledge at [email protected].CLOSE