Dallas Public Relations Internship
SPM Communications, a forward-thinking, downtown Dallas-based PR agency is seeking candidates for a full-time, paid internship to join our nationally recognized “no-jerks” culture. The company is accepting applications for its fall 2016 internship program and serves major food, restaurant, retail and CPG brands. Start and end dates are flexible, but are generally August through December.
Candidate should be motivated to learn exceptional media relations, account service and strategy skills and also equally eager to hands-on contribute to our clients’ successes. SPM interns are cross-trained on a variety of accounts and industries, participate in creative brainstorming sessions and gain key skills to launch a successful career in public relations.
Intern candidate requirements are:
- Candidate must be a senior or recent graduate with a communications-related major.
- Candidate must have at least one prior PR internship.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, critical thinker who can work with a creative team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Candidate should be responsive to direction and able to share ideas within a group to help move our clients’ businesses forward.
- Candidate should be well-versed in AP style and familiar with basic Microsoft Office programs, as well as PR measurement and research tools, including Cision.
Reports to: Senior Account Executives, Account Supervisors, Directors
Please send resume to Loren Rutledge at Loren@spmcommunications.com