We are currently seeking candidates with PR and social media experience for full-time, paid internships for our 2018 internship program. SPM is located in Dallas and serves major food, restaurant, retail and lifestyle brands.
Candidate should be motivated to learn exceptional media relations, account service and strategy skills, and also equally eager to contribute to our clients’ successes. SPM interns are “cross-trained” on a variety of accounts and industries, participate in creative brainstorming sessions and learn key skills to launch a career in public relations.
The requirements to be an PR/social media intern at SPM Communications are:
- Candidate must be a college junior, senior or recent graduate with a communications-related major.
- Candidate must have at least one prior PR internship.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated thinker who can work with a creative team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Candidate should have experience in social media campaign development/execution, such as content calendar development, post development and social listening/monitoring
- Candidate should be responsive to direction and able to share ideas within a group to help move our clients’ businesses forward.
- Candidate should be well-versed in AP style and familiar with basic Microsoft Office programs. Familiarity with PR measurement and media research tools, such as Meltwater or Cision, is a plus.
Reports to: Senior Account Executives, Account Supervisors, Directors
Please send resume and two writing samples to Mary Kate Jeffries at firstname.lastname@example.org.